Fall Protection Awareness
The Occupational Health & Safety Regulation requires workers to use fall protection systems when they could fall from a height of 3m (10ft) or more, or where a fall from a lesser height could result in serious injury. This course has been designed to provide basic information to assist both employers & employees to meet their responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety regulations & to decrease risk of injury.
- fall protection measures required by the Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- items required in a written fall protection plan
- basic principles for safe selection & use of ladders
- the hierarchy for fall protection methods
- information on the difference between fall restraint & fall arrest systems
- components of personal fall protection systems & their specifications
- proper application of full body harnesses, lanyards & vertical lifeline rope grabs
- reasons for following safe work practices related to personal fall protection systems
This is a 3 hour course offered in both English or Punjabi.
There is no previous training required for this course.
Certificate will be given at end of the course. Certificate valid for 3 years.
Course fee is $75+GST
|Course Name||Location||Start Date|
|Fall Protection (Punjabi) - Saturday, May 28, 2022 - Abbotsford||Abbotsford Campus ( 31838 South Fraser Way, Unit 202, Abbotsford, BC V2T 1V3)||