Occupational First Aid Level 3
In B.C., workplace first aid attendants must have a certificate that’s recognized by WorkSafeBC. OFA Level 3 is an advanced level of first aid training & certification program designed to provide the first aid attendant with the skills to function as part of an effective first aid program in the workplace.
- Basic Life Support (CPR-A)
- Minor Wound Management, including soft tissue & fracture management
- Critical Airway, Breathing & Circulatory interventions with C-Spine control
- Training in the use of oxygen therapy, insertion of oral airways & bag valve mask
- documentation required by WorkSafeBc
- Rapid Transport Decision
- Airway Suctioning
There is no previous first aid training required (OFA Level 1 or 2 is NOT required). Participants must have the physical ability to perform the required learning tasks. Initial certification requires full participation & course attendance.
Successful participants must achieve 70% on both a written (multiple choice) & practical exam. Certification is valid for 3 years.
This course is $900.00 + GST and includes all course material, personal pocket mask & certificate.
This is a 10 day program. The course consists of 21 modules involving a minimum of 70 hours of classroom study & practice. Home study, including pre-reading for each lesson & completion of homework assignments is essential.