Psychological First Aid
This course equips learners in developing a personal understanding of the effects of stress, loss, trauma, and grief on others, with emphasis on self-care and personal protection. Learners will be introduced to the Red Cross Look, Listen, Link, Live model-a resiliency-building approach to emotional, psychological, and social wellbeing that teaches learners how to support themselves and others to cope with the effects of various types of stress. The course uses primarily case-based learning and includes the latest evidence from the international community. The course is adaptable to all audiences (Youth, Workplace, Professional Responder).
- Introduction to Red Cross
- Case Studies
- Psychological First Aid
- Operational Principles
- Stress, Distress
- Loss and Grief
- Vulnerable Populations
- Supportive Communication
- Look, Listen, Link, Live
- Resiliency and Protective Factors
- Policies, Legislation
- Two-part blended course: 45-90 minutes online learning AND 7 hours in class
- 18 years of age (recommended)
- Psychological First Aid-Self-Care online course (required). This online portion must be completed before the in-class course component.
- Successfully participate in 100% of the in-class course
- Successfully complete the online course before in class course: Psychological First Aid-Self-Care (required)
Certificate valid for 3 years
- The online prerequisite course fee is $15
- The in-class course fee is $105 plus GST.