The Babysitting course, refreshed and revised, now has a greater emphasis on First Aid skills. The Canadian Red Cross Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviors to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter.
Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children. This updated curriculum, complete with new science, also provides improved learning when it comes to giving the appropriate care in the event of an emergency.
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviors
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviors
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911)
- Glove removal
- Recovery position
- Conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone)
- CPR (baby/child), illness, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns), head, neck and back injuries, broken bones, seizures
This is a 1 day (8 hour) program (including coffee & lunch breaks).
Minimum 11 years of age (or completion of Grade 5)
Certificate of Completion
$65.00 + GST
|Course Name||Location||Start Date|
|Babysitting Training - October 22, 2021 (Friday) - Richmond||Richmond Campus (#280 - 4320 Viking Way, Richmond, BC V6V 2L5)||
|Babysitting Training - November 12, 2021 (Friday) - Surrey||New Surrey Campus (#208 - 8433 132 Street, Surrey, BC V3W 4N8)||